Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, if you'd like to read the history behind creating this blog, please click here!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Am I ready??

After months of doctor's appointments, including multiple trips to the lab, I was so happy to hear those little words from the surgeon:  What are you waiting for, it's time to start trying again!!   We waited months to hear this!!!  So why was I nervous when he said it? 

It was fear.  Was I ready for potential disappointment again?  Another D&C?  Administering shots everyday?  No, I wasn't.  I needed a break.  A break from doctor's offices, lack of privacy, blood thinners, test results - even if it was for a good cause - I just wanted the normal life that I knew.  Brad and I going out to dinner and bars with friends, a glass of wine, a normal bathing suit and a trip to the pool.  A stress-free summer. 

I allowed myself one month for this and boy did I need it.  I think that it took days to absorb all that had happened in the last 6 months.  I cried, I still felt anxious.  My body couldn't wrap around the idea that I didn't have anything to worry about!  BUT, it gave me some time to acknowledge where I was at this point, what I could handle, and how strong of a person I really was.

When I was in high school, my friends and I were grounded for going out in Atlanta when my parents were out of town.  My friend was at home, bored out of her mind, and made each of us a frame with a picture of the words "This too shall pass".  Cliche or not, it holds true!!  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment